Undergraduate Research Assistantship
No Positions Currently Available
HOURS: 15-20 hours per week, Monday-Friday (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
Click to download application as: MS Word File or PDF File
Are you interested in applied research and evaluation? Would you like to get some real-world experience verifying and analyzing data from interviews, focus groups, and surveys? Our office is looking for an energetic undergraduate research assistant to join our team! We provide comprehensive and collaborative project development, strategic planning and evaluation services for K-State colleges and programs, state agencies, foundations and other universities.
As part of the team, you will work with our full-time staff on creating data visualizations, and compiling reports. Other duties may include assisting with proofreading reports and data collection and analysis, and conducting document reviews and website & social media reviews.
The successful applicant must have:
- Interest in applied research and evaluation.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Positive attitude and responsible work ethic.
- Capacity and willingness to learn research and evaluation methods.
- Strong attention to detail.
Preference is given to applicants with experience:
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data
- Performing basic statistical software functions in SPSS and/or SAS
- Familiarity with ArcGIS
- Working with Microsoft Access and Publisher
Flexible Work Schedule: 15-20 hours per week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Schedule can be adjusted each semester; summer work is optional.
Undergraduate students in our office are expected to have excellent computer skills, communication skills, and a commitment to team approaches for evaluation and research.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (SUBJECT: UGRA Position)
MAIL: Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation
ATTN: Undergraduate Assistantship Applications
College of Education, KSU
2323 Anderson Avenue, Suite 220
Manhattan, KS 66502
FAX: (785) 532-7185 ATTN: UGRA Position